The Conservative Group for Europe will be hosting a webinar with Sir Ivan Rogers to discuss the current state of UK-EU negotiations and the prospects for a constructive outcome.
Sir Ivan was the UK Permanent Representative to the EU from November 2013 to January 2017 and was awarded a knighthood in 2016 for services to British, European and International Policy.
Prior to this, Sir Ivan served as the Prime Minister’s Adviser on Europe and Global Issues from 2011- 2013 and Head of the European and Global Issues Secretariat. He has previously worked for Barclays Capital as Head of UK Public Sector business and for Citigroup as Head of UK Public Sector.
Previous roles in the civil service include:
- Principal Private Secretary to the Prime Minister
- Director of Budget and Tax Policy at HM Treasury
- Director of EU Strategy and Policy at HM Treasury
- Chef de Cabinet to the Vice-President of European Commission
- Private Secretary to the Chancellor of the Exchequer